Week 9 Reading B: Congo (Leopard and Crocodile)

From part B, I liked the story of The Leopard and the Crocodile the best. A man pays them both separately with nuts to hunt for him and his town, but they don't know the man is paying them both. Coincedentally, they both want to try dog meat, having never seen or tasted a dog before. They bug him separately until finally the man tells them each to go to the same spot, and that they will find a dog there. When they get there, they each think the other is a dog, and fight eachother to the death. The man's problem is solved and the town feasts on their meat. 

I liked this story because it shows the cleverness of man. I think if I were to rewrite it I would honestly keep most of the story the same. I actually think it would be cool to tell two stories, one from the Leopard's perspective, and one from the Crocodile's. Of course this would be hard considering they both die at the end, but maybe I could figure something out to where they don't die. 

Stories from Notes on the Folklore of the Fjord by R. E. Dennett link to stories

Image result for leopard
Leopard from National Geographic

Comments