Week 10 Reading Notes A: SW/CA Fable of the Animals

Today I read the SW/CA anthology and the story I liked the most was The Fable of the Animals. This story reminds me of the biblical creation story. The order is similar and also how man is in charge of the animals. 

I like the story about how the coyote tried staying up all night and ended up sleeping through his ceremony. 

If I were to rewrite this story I would make it a college student trying to pull an all nighter to study for his exam the next morning but he ends up sleeping through it instead. I know people who have actually done that before, so it's definitely relatable! 

Southwestern and California Legends: Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest by Katharine Berry Judson link to story  

Image result for coyote
Coyote by Spirit Animal

Comments