Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables Part A

For extra credit I am reading the Aesop's Fables version by Winter. I really like the story of the wolf and the lean dog. In this story, a wolf wants to eat a dog but the dog convinces him to come back and eat him when he isn't so skinny. When the wolf comes back, the dog scares him off with the help of an even bigger scarier dog. 

If I were to rewrite this story I would probably keep the animals the same, and maybe just go into much more descriptive detail on what happens. Aesop's Fables are quite short, and so I would like to see the story fleshed out a little bit more. Also it would be interesting to have the wolf be male and the dog be female, and add the element of the wolf being so welcoming to the dog's suggestions because she is a pretty girl dog. I think there is a lot I could add to this story to make it more interesting and that is just one of the ways I would start. 

Wolf from Pixabay

Aesop for Children by Milo Winter link to the story

Comments